Thursday 14 November 2013

Outfit Post: how to wear the plaid shirt












Hi all !
So here is a new outfit post for you, running on the trend that is the plaid shirt. A little bit grunge, a little bit American farm boy, there is no denying that this is one of the main trends of the season. Jumping on the bandwagon, I have styled the plaid shirt, (mine with a little denim screams where are my cowboy boots) in line with my own personal style. Many have being going down the heavily grunged out route. However, number one: my legs are far too short for Dr. Martens and number too dirty chic was never my thing !
So freshly showered, I failed to style it around my waist and went for an all (faux) leather look, with some elegant yet 'punky? spiked heels. This is my take on 'classy' grunge.
My (faux) fur bag has made it's first appearance this season, since we said our farewells back in the heat of  May, due to odd glances and the season of shorts. I think it works well with this mixing of blues and black (see breaking rules).
For you interest, the shirt is Primark/Pennys (see thoughtful sister) as are the pants and ring. The top is ZARA, as are the shoes. The bag is H&M My necklace was bought in L.A., but I can't remember where?!

What is your take on the plaid shirt ? and how are you wearing yours ?
That's all for now,
Love Dani xx


2 comments:

  1. I like how you put your own twist on it with the girlie edge... most others go full grunge so this is a nice change :)

    ReplyDelete