Friday 26 August 2011

Eastern European Dreams





















Here are some snaps from my recent trip to Croatia. I was staying on the island of Korcula with my boyfriend and his family for the celebration of a relative's wedding. It was such a beautiful place. I was surprised by the amount of historic architecture. I loved the narrow streets and cobble stone everywhere. I would definitely put it on your list of places to see.

It was really warm and as is typical with sun holidays my wardrobe consisted of all that is comfortable. I wore coloured jean shorts, easy t-shirts paired with some tribal print espridilles (another primark bargain). I also pulled out a white straw hat I got about 4 years ago from River Island.Forgot I had it, I love when that happens!

At night my grey cardi came in hand as it was a bit chilly. My favourite look of the trip was the dress I wore for the wedding. An orange, grecian, one shoulder, full length, pleated number from Primark. I am even more happy with the price I got it for ...€17 !!! As for accessories I took my que from the gold belt that came with the dress and added gold shoes and gold flowers in my hair (cleverly put together by my grandmother's creative sowing skills), along with a basket weave gold clutch from accessorize.

While in Croatia I couldn't help myself wandering into the quaint jewelry shops. My boyfriend bought me a little bauble I had my eye which will soon feature on the blog so stay tuned for that! There was a lot of coral style jewelry as the Croatians believe it brings good luck.
Enjoy the pictures xx

3 comments:

  1. amazing photos! everything looks so beautiful!

    Costin M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are breathtaking! thank you so much for sharing! Love your orange dress! Divine!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful in the orange/red dress!! Where are your leopard pumps from? XX

    ReplyDelete