Sunday 17 July 2011

The Tourist










Max Mara Spring 2011

Max Mara Spring 2011

Max Mara Spring 2011


I love to travel. I love to visit new countries and be a tourist. But sometimes I don't take advantage of being a tourist in my own country. However, today on a trip to Dublin I did more than just raid the shops on Grafton street. Taking a more cultural approach I visited the home of one of Ireland's best exports. No not U2 ! The Guinness storehouse factory.

I was pleasantly surprised by the architecture of the building, with the centre resembling a Guinness glass. It was really modern and the layout of the buliding showed all the old machines for brewing the Guinness. The best part was the top level of the building, which had a bar with a full view of Dublin.

Today was scarily cold, even for Ireland, however, I was a bit more fashion than function in my wardrobe choice. I wore my new pink blazer from primark, which I love love. It reminds me of the bright colours used by Max Mara in their Spring summer collection. I paired it with my sisters Denim shirt, her grey jeans, my pink ballet flats and trusty leopard bag.

I am currently borrowing all of my sisters clothes (not that I didn't before, its just now I have a good excuse) because I have left all my clothes in Rome as I will be going back there in August. I have to admit its fun having new clothes to work with !

I really enjoyed today and it's reminded me of how beautiful Ireland is. I have a travelling bug so I think I am destined to roam this earth forever, however Ireland will always have a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh love the blazer!! Looks really good :)
    Thanks for the comment on my blog (good suggestion about the Olsen twins!! haha), now following your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete